Broken 200's

Former Member
Former Member
If these are done by the 50 on say :10 rest is there any way to glean a range of potential 200 times? Today at the behest of coach I did the 200 stuff he wants me to look into. Do you add x amount of time to the broken times to get a guesstimate or is that just wildly inaccurate? I ask by my 200 time off the wall in um, not very good. But after doing these 50's, which is what my focus is in the 50/100, it looks more hopeful. Thanks as always for the amazing knowledge base here on usms. Have a nice day:)
Parents
  • I was curious so I plotted last year's #1 SCY free times vs distance in my age group (45 - 49). It is almost a perfectly straight line, weird. On topic: I also guestimated your 200 race time based on your 100 time vo2. Used it as a percentile with the ranking database. Cclark's estimation seems very close to what I got (2:09.47), but 2:08 may be more likely since your 50 / 100 times kinda reflect a mid-D/ sprinter. There is a more accurate way to find it, but might hurt for a minute or two :).
  • I was curious so I plotted last year's #1 SCY free times vs distance in my age group (45 - 49). It is almost a perfectly straight line, weird. On topic: I also guestimated your 200 race time based on your 100 time vo2. Used it as a percentile with the ranking database. Cclark's estimation seems very close to what I got (2:09.47), but 2:08 may be more likely since your 50 / 100 times kinda reflect a mid-D/ sprinter. There is a more accurate way to find it, but might hurt for a minute or two :).
Children
No Data