Broken 200's

Former Member
Former Member
If these are done by the 50 on say :10 rest is there any way to glean a range of potential 200 times? Today at the behest of coach I did the 200 stuff he wants me to look into. Do you add x amount of time to the broken times to get a guesstimate or is that just wildly inaccurate? I ask by my 200 time off the wall in um, not very good. But after doing these 50's, which is what my focus is in the 50/100, it looks more hopeful. Thanks as always for the amazing knowledge base here on usms. Have a nice day:)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I always say "If you can't do it in practice then how do you expect to do it in a race" :) When you swim a 200 in a race you have to complete all the turns so why not practice it during the broken 200's? Also there can be a lot of variation on how you execute the broken 200. I tend to be looking for my time before I actually reach the wall with my hand, in the excitement of trying to get a fast time there is a tendency to want to leave early (shorter than 10 sec rest), and the flip turn does add time with 7 total turns on a SCY 200. If a coach can do it as described above it eliminates all of the variation and then its just down to swimming. I understand with a larger group it's hard to do. Keep at it (advice for myself too since I have only been back in the pool for two months now).
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I always say "If you can't do it in practice then how do you expect to do it in a race" :) When you swim a 200 in a race you have to complete all the turns so why not practice it during the broken 200's? Also there can be a lot of variation on how you execute the broken 200. I tend to be looking for my time before I actually reach the wall with my hand, in the excitement of trying to get a fast time there is a tendency to want to leave early (shorter than 10 sec rest), and the flip turn does add time with 7 total turns on a SCY 200. If a coach can do it as described above it eliminates all of the variation and then its just down to swimming. I understand with a larger group it's hard to do. Keep at it (advice for myself too since I have only been back in the pool for two months now).
Children
No Data