Broken 200's

Former Member
Former Member
If these are done by the 50 on say :10 rest is there any way to glean a range of potential 200 times? Today at the behest of coach I did the 200 stuff he wants me to look into. Do you add x amount of time to the broken times to get a guesstimate or is that just wildly inaccurate? I ask by my 200 time off the wall in um, not very good. But after doing these 50's, which is what my focus is in the 50/100, it looks more hopeful. Thanks as always for the amazing knowledge base here on usms. Have a nice day:)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Sure I am happy help give some advice. First, all swimmers are different so what may work for one person may not work for another. Second I think the 200 distance is a a harder race to master than most - it's not a sprint but it is also not a distance event like the 500 and above. It is really a controlled sprint and pacing is critical. I think to understand where you are currently at a few questions can help establish a baseline: 1. How many times per week do you swim? 2. How far are you going when you do your workouts? 3. Do you have a specific goal time you are trying to reach on your 200? 4. Do you have the splits (by 50) for your last race? Answers to the above questions will help to understand where you are at and then I can give you some ideas to work on - at least the things I try to focus on when training for the 200.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Sure I am happy help give some advice. First, all swimmers are different so what may work for one person may not work for another. Second I think the 200 distance is a a harder race to master than most - it's not a sprint but it is also not a distance event like the 500 and above. It is really a controlled sprint and pacing is critical. I think to understand where you are currently at a few questions can help establish a baseline: 1. How many times per week do you swim? 2. How far are you going when you do your workouts? 3. Do you have a specific goal time you are trying to reach on your 200? 4. Do you have the splits (by 50) for your last race? Answers to the above questions will help to understand where you are at and then I can give you some ideas to work on - at least the things I try to focus on when training for the 200.
Children
No Data