Help me get my mojo back!

Seems I’ve lost my mojo. Can’t decide the cause (winter blah’s, hot training water, demoralizing training group, chronic injuries, what?) so it’s hard to know how to fight back. I don’t feel depressed, but when I get in the pool, I’m acting depressed. It’s like I’m afraid to get out of breath – or like I’m just not interested in working that hard any more. All of a sudden it’s a struggle to go to the gym. In fact, this morning, I didn’t. I have a great excuse, with “frozen shoulder” (how does that happen to a swimmer?) so upper body weight lifting is OUT for a while, but I could go and work on abs and legs. But instead I slept in. I even scratched a meet this month. Haven’t done that in a while; I’ve scratched events, but not an entire meet. Anybody have any great ideas on how to get that spark back? So I’m excited for the race again? Excited to “get after it”? Thanks in advance!
Parents
  • I always find it best to look at the calendar, find a meet that you've had positive results at in the past and reset your goals to attend this meet envisioning great results. Another idea is to find a workout partner, even if its online, and have them help pull you through some of the monotony.
  • I always find it best to look at the calendar, find a meet that you've had positive results at in the past and reset your goals to attend this meet envisioning great results. Another idea is to find a workout partner, even if its online, and have them help pull you through some of the monotony.
Children
No Data