Coming for a visit to the USA

Former Member
Former Member
Hi Guys, I am new to the Forums. My name is Daniel and I am from South Africa. I joined because I am a masters swimmer in SA and we are heading for a 5 week holiday in the USA from the 28th of March to the 8th of May. I would like to continue training in the USA and wanted to know if there are any squads I can train with in the NY, Florida and Washington areas. I can give more specific addresses, but just wanted to first sus out if there are any club members in those areas on these forums? Looking forward to the community! Daniel
  • I hope this info is helpful to you. Thanks to all above for info for our new visitor. When Musa comes to the USA, he wants me to teach him " the swim"
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Orlando: 13428 blue heron beach drive, orlando, FL In the Orlando area, try contacting Sara McLarty or Misty Becerra: www.centralfloridamastersswimming.com/ www.swim-like-a-pro.com/ sara7411@hotmail.com info@Swim-Like-A-Pro.com They may be located a little outside of Orlando, but they may be familiar with other pools and programs in the Orlando area if theirs doesn't work for you.
  • Former Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Always nice to connect with other swimmers. Glad you have been able to experience deep dark Africa orca. USA nationals would have been amazing, but unfortunately I am presenting at a conference that week. Also missing our nationals... We will be at: NY adres: 1661 11th avenue, brooklyn Orlando: 13428 blue heron beach drive, orlando, FL DC: 1606 19th street NW, Washington, DC I will use the info provided, but if there are any swimmers at clubs in the area, would love to join you for some sessions. Thank you
  • Former Member
    If you don't mind me hijacking the thread for my own means... I'm coming to Detroit (Well, Novi MI) for a few days this week (arrive Thursday and leave Monday) and will no doubt be back from time to time. I'd love to find a competitive masters group that I could join for at least one swim while I'm there, and on subsequent trips. I've looked on the swim link and it is good for places to swim, but seems to imply that there's not much in the way of competitive masters in the area. I don't really want to go to open lanes at a YMCA or a health club. Any suggestions for now or the future would be much appreciated. Thanks