I enjoy the technical aspects of breaststroke

On the "most feared" thread, flystorms (gee, I wonder what her favorite stroke is? :)) wrote: "Most feared? Anything with *** stroke. LOL!" I am quickly becoming a piddly slow swimmer, but honestly, I enjoy practicing (if not racing) the technical aspects of breaststroke. On the one hand, it doesn't ask my body to do anything it can't do (such as fly does with that whole bendy torso/shoulders out of the water stuff), and doesn't present me with the breathing asymmetry of free (I doubt I will ever comfortably breathe to my left). It is a technical challenge (there's a lot going on which is not at all forgiving if the sequence is even a bit off). Every now and then my knees tell me it's not a day to overdo it, but it's nice when I get the rhythm right and can "ride the glide". If I didn't enjoy backstroke so much, I'd swim more breaststroke.
Parents
  • Smontanaro, how funny! I never considered my "handle" to be an indicator of being a butterfly-er. That's so funny! I'm actually happy doing all freestyle and maybe just a little backstroke on occasion. The name comes from being a hurricane hunter back in my AF days.
  • Smontanaro, how funny! I never considered my "handle" to be an indicator of being a butterfly-er. That's so funny! I'm actually happy doing all freestyle and maybe just a little backstroke on occasion. The name comes from being a hurricane hunter back in my AF days.
Children
No Data