indoor pool air quality and feeling bad

Has any one else experienced this? During a two day meet, the first day I felt fine, the second day I felt awful. I was wondering if air quality could be an issue or some other random thing. Its always a second day thing. Anybody else experience this? Any tips on what to do?
Parents
  • I suffer with asthma at some meets. PWB had good suggestions. One of the pools where I practice has always been good for me, but my granddaughter told me that when her high school team swam there they had a lot of breathing problems. I asked the Aquatic Dir about it. She said that in most pools the ventilation system cannot handle a large group like 40 from the swim team. I then realized that is what happens at a meet. At U of TX for instance. There were 1800 swimmers. We churn up a lot water and chemicals and the ventilation can't clear it all. By Sunday, I could only swim 50s. But when I got in the car with AC to drive friends to the airport, my breathing was great. Auburn was bad for me also. I hung around all day on distance day and ruined my meet. At a long meet, go back to the hotel, if possible, or find an air conditioned area.
  • I suffer with asthma at some meets. PWB had good suggestions. One of the pools where I practice has always been good for me, but my granddaughter told me that when her high school team swam there they had a lot of breathing problems. I asked the Aquatic Dir about it. She said that in most pools the ventilation system cannot handle a large group like 40 from the swim team. I then realized that is what happens at a meet. At U of TX for instance. There were 1800 swimmers. We churn up a lot water and chemicals and the ventilation can't clear it all. By Sunday, I could only swim 50s. But when I got in the car with AC to drive friends to the airport, my breathing was great. Auburn was bad for me also. I hung around all day on distance day and ruined my meet. At a long meet, go back to the hotel, if possible, or find an air conditioned area.
Children
No Data