indoor pool air quality and feeling bad

Has any one else experienced this? During a two day meet, the first day I felt fine, the second day I felt awful. I was wondering if air quality could be an issue or some other random thing. Its always a second day thing. Anybody else experience this? Any tips on what to do?
Parents
  • I agree urine in the pool is disgusting, but I believe it has a minor direct impact on the air quality. Chemicals (possibly because of urine) and ventilation are the major factors. A 50m x 25yd x 8ft = 99,000 cu.ft., with 7.48 gall. per cu.ft. the pool would have 776,160 gal., 125 represents .016% Its the combination of the disinfectant chlorine with ammonia in urine (and with other nitrogenous organic compounds people carry into and release in the pool i.e., sweat, lotions, perfume, etc.) that results in the formation of chloramines (mono, di and tri) and these are the chemicals that cause the problem. They are released from the water by all the splish splashing away in the pool and because they are heavier than air the chemicals concentrate on the water surface trapped in by the pool walls, and that is where we breathe.
  • I agree urine in the pool is disgusting, but I believe it has a minor direct impact on the air quality. Chemicals (possibly because of urine) and ventilation are the major factors. A 50m x 25yd x 8ft = 99,000 cu.ft., with 7.48 gall. per cu.ft. the pool would have 776,160 gal., 125 represents .016% Its the combination of the disinfectant chlorine with ammonia in urine (and with other nitrogenous organic compounds people carry into and release in the pool i.e., sweat, lotions, perfume, etc.) that results in the formation of chloramines (mono, di and tri) and these are the chemicals that cause the problem. They are released from the water by all the splish splashing away in the pool and because they are heavier than air the chemicals concentrate on the water surface trapped in by the pool walls, and that is where we breathe.
Children
No Data