indoor pool air quality and feeling bad

Has any one else experienced this? During a two day meet, the first day I felt fine, the second day I felt awful. I was wondering if air quality could be an issue or some other random thing. Its always a second day thing. Anybody else experience this? Any tips on what to do?
Parents
  • I am one who suffers in bad pool air. Agreed, Federal Way is pretty bad. Greensboro was marginal for Masters Nationals, more in the spectator areas for me, not bad on the deck. A couple of thoughts. Masters swimmers probably don't pee in the pool as much as the age group crowd. Secondly, the absolute best indoor pool I've ever encountered in terms of air quality was in Iceland, where we were required to strip, wash every body part with soap, including hair, prior to entering the pool. There were even personnel watching to ensure compliance. Draw your own conclusions here. I'm glad that this is being discussed because it can have a huge impact on performance. One must also wonder about damage to the respiratory tract.
  • I am one who suffers in bad pool air. Agreed, Federal Way is pretty bad. Greensboro was marginal for Masters Nationals, more in the spectator areas for me, not bad on the deck. A couple of thoughts. Masters swimmers probably don't pee in the pool as much as the age group crowd. Secondly, the absolute best indoor pool I've ever encountered in terms of air quality was in Iceland, where we were required to strip, wash every body part with soap, including hair, prior to entering the pool. There were even personnel watching to ensure compliance. Draw your own conclusions here. I'm glad that this is being discussed because it can have a huge impact on performance. One must also wonder about damage to the respiratory tract.
Children
No Data