Foot cramp

Former Member
Former Member
When I do kick sets with fins (Aqua Sphere short fins) that I get a cramp in my right foot everytime. I may get through 150 yards before it happens or may not even get through a lap. It is more likely with freestyle but it does happen with dolphin kick. Would bigger find make a difference? Any ideas or suggestions? thanks
Parents
  • I get these, too, even without using fins. They tend to be in the arch of my feet. They you have to kick with your feet at right angles to your body--very dispiriting when you are trying to do a good time towards the end of practice. There was an interesting article in the NYT a few years back on the use of pickle juice to prevent cramps. It seemed to work for me, but I admit that I haven't continued swigging pickle juice, the cure being almost as bad as the disease. Good luck. well.blogs.nytimes.com/.../
  • I get these, too, even without using fins. They tend to be in the arch of my feet. They you have to kick with your feet at right angles to your body--very dispiriting when you are trying to do a good time towards the end of practice. There was an interesting article in the NYT a few years back on the use of pickle juice to prevent cramps. It seemed to work for me, but I admit that I haven't continued swigging pickle juice, the cure being almost as bad as the disease. Good luck. well.blogs.nytimes.com/.../
Children
No Data