most feared event

Former Member
Former Member
poll of most feared event
Parents
  • We have an animal meet every year with either the 200 IM,100 fly and 500 free,or the 400 IM,200 fly and 1000 free.I entered the longer events a few years ago.There was about 10 min rest between events as I recall,but it may have been a little longer. I swam the 400 IM to finish and felt tired but OK after it.I was most afraid of the 200 fly so I went out very slowly,but as I got into a rhythm I felt stronger and actually negative split.I figured the 1000 would be OK as I envisioned it as an easy swim.I hadn't counted on how much the fly took out of me and by the 150 I was noticing getting my arms out of the water was getting harder with each stroke.I have no plans to enter that meet again any time soon. That meet also offers the 50 fly-100 IM-200 free grouping for the fearful. A couple years ago, there was a LCM pentathlon meet where jaadams1 and I both entered the long distance group of events (200 of each stroke and the 400 IM). It was a small meet and the breaks between events were short. "Those two are really dumb." - possibly said by Allen Stark while we were swimming
  • We have an animal meet every year with either the 200 IM,100 fly and 500 free,or the 400 IM,200 fly and 1000 free.I entered the longer events a few years ago.There was about 10 min rest between events as I recall,but it may have been a little longer. I swam the 400 IM to finish and felt tired but OK after it.I was most afraid of the 200 fly so I went out very slowly,but as I got into a rhythm I felt stronger and actually negative split.I figured the 1000 would be OK as I envisioned it as an easy swim.I hadn't counted on how much the fly took out of me and by the 150 I was noticing getting my arms out of the water was getting harder with each stroke.I have no plans to enter that meet again any time soon. That meet also offers the 50 fly-100 IM-200 free grouping for the fearful. A couple years ago, there was a LCM pentathlon meet where jaadams1 and I both entered the long distance group of events (200 of each stroke and the 400 IM). It was a small meet and the breaks between events were short. "Those two are really dumb." - possibly said by Allen Stark while we were swimming
Children
No Data