most feared event

Former Member
Former Member
poll of most feared event
Parents
  • We have an animal meet every year with either the 200 IM,100 fly and 500 free,or the 400 IM,200 fly and 1000 free.I entered the longer events a few years ago.There was about 10 min rest between events as I recall,but it may have been a little longer. I swam the 400 IM to finish and felt tired but OK after it.I was most afraid of the 200 fly so I went out very slowly,but as I got into a rhythm I felt stronger and actually negative split.I figured the 1000 would be OK as I envisioned it as an easy swim.I hadn't counted on how much the fly took out of me and by the 150 I was noticing getting my arms out of the water was getting harder with each stroke.I have no plans to enter that meet again any time soon.
  • We have an animal meet every year with either the 200 IM,100 fly and 500 free,or the 400 IM,200 fly and 1000 free.I entered the longer events a few years ago.There was about 10 min rest between events as I recall,but it may have been a little longer. I swam the 400 IM to finish and felt tired but OK after it.I was most afraid of the 200 fly so I went out very slowly,but as I got into a rhythm I felt stronger and actually negative split.I figured the 1000 would be OK as I envisioned it as an easy swim.I hadn't counted on how much the fly took out of me and by the 150 I was noticing getting my arms out of the water was getting harder with each stroke.I have no plans to enter that meet again any time soon.
Children
No Data