most feared event

Former Member
Former Member
poll of most feared event
Parents
  • When I swim fly, it always has to be fast to maintain momentum and keep my arms above the surface of the water. It requires such massive amounts of energy that it exhausts me after 50 m. Swimming fly fast is like that. Swimming fly far is a different problem. Swimming a 200 fly -- or a 1650 fly for that matter, I've done both -- is a parlor trick. As long as you're content to swim it not too terribly fast, you can finish it legally, gracefully, and comfortably. I'm convinced that most masters swimmers, which is to say, nearly all masters swimmers, could swim a 200 fly quite easily, if they learned the trick. Here's a clue Here's another (admittedly, not a parlor trick!) Swimming freestyle fast is not the same thing as swimming freestyle far. Also fly.
  • When I swim fly, it always has to be fast to maintain momentum and keep my arms above the surface of the water. It requires such massive amounts of energy that it exhausts me after 50 m. Swimming fly fast is like that. Swimming fly far is a different problem. Swimming a 200 fly -- or a 1650 fly for that matter, I've done both -- is a parlor trick. As long as you're content to swim it not too terribly fast, you can finish it legally, gracefully, and comfortably. I'm convinced that most masters swimmers, which is to say, nearly all masters swimmers, could swim a 200 fly quite easily, if they learned the trick. Here's a clue Here's another (admittedly, not a parlor trick!) Swimming freestyle fast is not the same thing as swimming freestyle far. Also fly.
Children
No Data