most feared event

Former Member
Former Member
poll of most feared event
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Without a shadow of doubt: the 200 fly, long course. I fear it so much I have never swum it, ever. In fact, I have never completed a legal 100 fly, either. I remember my father persuading me to enter it against my better judgement when I was a kid. I got to the 150 m mark and my arms just wouldn't come out of the water. I completed the event doing one arm fly. It was exhausting and humiliating. Have never tried it again since. I am still in fear of being unable to complete it. I couldn't possibly imagine attempting a 200 fly. It would be like climbing Mount Everest. For me there is no easy fly. When I swim fly, it always has to be fast to maintain momentum and keep my arms above the surface of the water. It requires such massive amounts of energy that it exhausts me after 50 m.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Without a shadow of doubt: the 200 fly, long course. I fear it so much I have never swum it, ever. In fact, I have never completed a legal 100 fly, either. I remember my father persuading me to enter it against my better judgement when I was a kid. I got to the 150 m mark and my arms just wouldn't come out of the water. I completed the event doing one arm fly. It was exhausting and humiliating. Have never tried it again since. I am still in fear of being unable to complete it. I couldn't possibly imagine attempting a 200 fly. It would be like climbing Mount Everest. For me there is no easy fly. When I swim fly, it always has to be fast to maintain momentum and keep my arms above the surface of the water. It requires such massive amounts of energy that it exhausts me after 50 m.
Children
No Data