most feared event

Former Member
Former Member
poll of most feared event
Parents
  • The 200 fly is a handful of pain, but, strategically, it is dead simple to swim and you know exactly when the pain's going to hit (somewhere between the 130 and 160 mark), so there's no surprises and, hence, no fear. Yeah, but what about when you get about 90 yards in and you're already starting to feel fatigued? That's a real "uh oh" moment! I think you "pain between 130 and 160" is very optimistic from my experience. And I agree the long course event is a whole 'nother ball game. Steve's comment about you can see the curvature of the earth on the last length was very apropos.
  • The 200 fly is a handful of pain, but, strategically, it is dead simple to swim and you know exactly when the pain's going to hit (somewhere between the 130 and 160 mark), so there's no surprises and, hence, no fear. Yeah, but what about when you get about 90 yards in and you're already starting to feel fatigued? That's a real "uh oh" moment! I think you "pain between 130 and 160" is very optimistic from my experience. And I agree the long course event is a whole 'nother ball game. Steve's comment about you can see the curvature of the earth on the last length was very apropos.
Children
No Data