most feared event

Former Member
Former Member
poll of most feared event
Parents
  • Of those 3 events, I don't fear any. I do respect them all though. The 200 Fly isn't really that bad (when I'm in shape) as I am a flyer by nature. The 1650 is all a mind game, and also comes back to how you've been training as to how hard it really will be. The 400 IM, while switching strokes, has just the right amount of speed involved to make things quite painful about 1/2way through it. My make it or break it point is right when I push off for the first breaststroke streamline/pullout, I know then if the remainder of the race will be great or not. I also agree that the 200 Free is one of the harder races for me NOW. Back in college, it was a controlled sprint all the way.
  • Of those 3 events, I don't fear any. I do respect them all though. The 200 Fly isn't really that bad (when I'm in shape) as I am a flyer by nature. The 1650 is all a mind game, and also comes back to how you've been training as to how hard it really will be. The 400 IM, while switching strokes, has just the right amount of speed involved to make things quite painful about 1/2way through it. My make it or break it point is right when I push off for the first breaststroke streamline/pullout, I know then if the remainder of the race will be great or not. I also agree that the 200 Free is one of the harder races for me NOW. Back in college, it was a controlled sprint all the way.
Children
No Data