most feared event

Former Member
Former Member
poll of most feared event
Parents
  • 200 fly - 25 Yards: This isn't so bad. Long and smooth. Relaxed. I've trained for this. 50 Yards: Am I going out too fast? Or am I just awesome? Banking on "awesome." 75 Yards: Slow it down, bucko. Slowwww it down. Easy there. Ah, there we go. Let's start breathing every stroke. Michael Phelps does it. I can do it, too. 100 Yards: ****. 125 Yards: **** ****. 150 Yards: **** damn ass **** damn aaaaarggggggggggg. 175 Yards: And suddenly the pain is gone. There is no pain. Instead, a gentle feeling, like swaying trees in a soft cool wind. There is light there, just ahead. Light at the end of a long, dark tunnel. It is calling to me. It sweetly coos my name, "Hey there. Come here. There's no pain where we are." Siren song mistresses are singing, and I am lost in a vortex of my own euphoria. I see my great-grandfather there. And Harry Carey, he's there too. I can see lush palm trees and golden buildings and emerald-green pools of Jell-O. Rainbows and bunnies and everyone there wears an Olympic gold medal. Waterfalls of singing goldfish and beautiful Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models play harps and giggle together and lightly toss pillows, playfully, waving me closer, smiling, beckoning... The light is brighter now, they are laughing, cheering for me, whispering, "Almost there... almost there..." I slowly float away from my body, float away, laughing at that struggling, silly little boy swimming a 200 butterfly, hitting his last turn, blacking out, but I'm happier now, happier than I've ever been, because the pain is going away, there is no pain, there is only light, bright, white light, and slowly.... I float away..... 195 Yards: AWEOF@*@(%( oIHEF OE38@*(*#%(#%*(&%hjdsifa #FHFGOI ewohwefa @(*%)#%(jifjiajaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOIWEJFOIWEF 2309@(%)&%@)**!*!!*@*@$(%(%@) 200 Yards: That wasn't so bad. Meters is an entirely different event. i think every race has its own uniqueness/pain a 50 free can hurt like he77 as soon as you touch the wall for about 5mins or so. a 1650 can hurt with an ache for hours and hours. Sunruh, excellent funny post! I would add my secret mind trick techniques: Think about your big toe (either foot, not both feet, or else it takes too much brainpower) and then you won't feel the pain. Don't wear goggles! If you can't see it, you can't feel the pain. And last, you can contemplate whether you want to resort to butterfrog kick. Just the fact that you could.....well, it takes the mind off of the pain! The 50 free does hurt way too much, you have about 15 seconds grace period until the pain sets in. And then you need to take a nap. The 1650 hurts my brain at about the 150, which is where I lost count. And then it's so painful for me to count and convert the numbers to cumulative yardage, which is how I count. Perhaps why I miscount.
  • 200 fly - 25 Yards: This isn't so bad. Long and smooth. Relaxed. I've trained for this. 50 Yards: Am I going out too fast? Or am I just awesome? Banking on "awesome." 75 Yards: Slow it down, bucko. Slowwww it down. Easy there. Ah, there we go. Let's start breathing every stroke. Michael Phelps does it. I can do it, too. 100 Yards: ****. 125 Yards: **** ****. 150 Yards: **** damn ass **** damn aaaaarggggggggggg. 175 Yards: And suddenly the pain is gone. There is no pain. Instead, a gentle feeling, like swaying trees in a soft cool wind. There is light there, just ahead. Light at the end of a long, dark tunnel. It is calling to me. It sweetly coos my name, "Hey there. Come here. There's no pain where we are." Siren song mistresses are singing, and I am lost in a vortex of my own euphoria. I see my great-grandfather there. And Harry Carey, he's there too. I can see lush palm trees and golden buildings and emerald-green pools of Jell-O. Rainbows and bunnies and everyone there wears an Olympic gold medal. Waterfalls of singing goldfish and beautiful Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models play harps and giggle together and lightly toss pillows, playfully, waving me closer, smiling, beckoning... The light is brighter now, they are laughing, cheering for me, whispering, "Almost there... almost there..." I slowly float away from my body, float away, laughing at that struggling, silly little boy swimming a 200 butterfly, hitting his last turn, blacking out, but I'm happier now, happier than I've ever been, because the pain is going away, there is no pain, there is only light, bright, white light, and slowly.... I float away..... 195 Yards: AWEOF@*@(%( oIHEF OE38@*(*#%(#%*(&%hjdsifa #FHFGOI ewohwefa @(*%)#%(jifjiajaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOIWEJFOIWEF 2309@(%)&%@)**!*!!*@*@$(%(%@) 200 Yards: That wasn't so bad. Meters is an entirely different event. i think every race has its own uniqueness/pain a 50 free can hurt like he77 as soon as you touch the wall for about 5mins or so. a 1650 can hurt with an ache for hours and hours. Sunruh, excellent funny post! I would add my secret mind trick techniques: Think about your big toe (either foot, not both feet, or else it takes too much brainpower) and then you won't feel the pain. Don't wear goggles! If you can't see it, you can't feel the pain. And last, you can contemplate whether you want to resort to butterfrog kick. Just the fact that you could.....well, it takes the mind off of the pain! The 50 free does hurt way too much, you have about 15 seconds grace period until the pain sets in. And then you need to take a nap. The 1650 hurts my brain at about the 150, which is where I lost count. And then it's so painful for me to count and convert the numbers to cumulative yardage, which is how I count. Perhaps why I miscount.
Children
No Data