most feared event

Former Member
Former Member
poll of most feared event
Parents
  • You must have a warped sense of fear to have put the top two greatest events in this list and one that easily makes the top 10 list. Alas, I could not participate in your poll. I think if you want an accurate poll, you should include all events. My top 3 most feared events would be: 200 free - ain't nobody know how to swim this godforsaken mess that can't decide if it's a sprint or a mid-distance race. SCY, SCM or LCM -- no matter which way you cut it, this race is hard, unfathomable and unbeatable. 50 free - screw up the start, turn, breakout, or, heck, even breathe one too many times and your race is shot. But, hey, even if you remove the turn in long course, this event also sucks as, after about the 30 meter mark, when you've taken your allotted one breath, your vision starts to fade into the tunnel and, in the midst of your hypoxic haze, you swear you start talking with ghosts of swimmers past. 200 long course *** stroke - If I can't swim at least 60% of my breaststroke via underwater pullouts, there's gonna be ugliness. I agree the 200 free for me is the most painful and most difficult event. I think partly because it just hurts so much, but unlike the 200 fly, the field is also really deep.
  • You must have a warped sense of fear to have put the top two greatest events in this list and one that easily makes the top 10 list. Alas, I could not participate in your poll. I think if you want an accurate poll, you should include all events. My top 3 most feared events would be: 200 free - ain't nobody know how to swim this godforsaken mess that can't decide if it's a sprint or a mid-distance race. SCY, SCM or LCM -- no matter which way you cut it, this race is hard, unfathomable and unbeatable. 50 free - screw up the start, turn, breakout, or, heck, even breathe one too many times and your race is shot. But, hey, even if you remove the turn in long course, this event also sucks as, after about the 30 meter mark, when you've taken your allotted one breath, your vision starts to fade into the tunnel and, in the midst of your hypoxic haze, you swear you start talking with ghosts of swimmers past. 200 long course *** stroke - If I can't swim at least 60% of my breaststroke via underwater pullouts, there's gonna be ugliness. I agree the 200 free for me is the most painful and most difficult event. I think partly because it just hurts so much, but unlike the 200 fly, the field is also really deep.
Children
No Data