most feared event

Former Member
Former Member
poll of most feared event
Parents
  • The secret to a rewarding 200 fly in long course, especially as a Masters swimmer, is to loaf-cruise-sleep-through the first three laps, use that third turn for all the air you can grab, and then build the last 50. Honestly, the only good 200 LCM flys I have ever swum (and my fastest times) were swum with this strategy. In addition to removing a lot of the pain typically associated with this event, you finish looking so strong (and passing other swimmers who have 'gone vertical') that it almost doesn't matter what your time is! Hah! That's my plan of attack for the 200 LCM fly. But even loaf-cruise-sleeping through the first three laps, I'm sure my heart rate will be nearly maxed out after the 100 and my lungs will be screaming, begging me to stop!
  • The secret to a rewarding 200 fly in long course, especially as a Masters swimmer, is to loaf-cruise-sleep-through the first three laps, use that third turn for all the air you can grab, and then build the last 50. Honestly, the only good 200 LCM flys I have ever swum (and my fastest times) were swum with this strategy. In addition to removing a lot of the pain typically associated with this event, you finish looking so strong (and passing other swimmers who have 'gone vertical') that it almost doesn't matter what your time is! Hah! That's my plan of attack for the 200 LCM fly. But even loaf-cruise-sleeping through the first three laps, I'm sure my heart rate will be nearly maxed out after the 100 and my lungs will be screaming, begging me to stop!
Children
No Data