most feared event

Former Member
Former Member
poll of most feared event
Parents
  • But I agree with That Guy; the 200 LCM fly seems terrifying to me at this point. At least with short course you can hang on the walls and recover. LCM there's no where to hide! I'm planning on trying my first 200 LCM fly this summer. And every time I think about it, I already am getting butterflies in my stomach!There is nothing to fear - it will hurt like hell and the last 50 you will question life, the universe and everything. The secret to a rewarding 200 fly in long course, especially as a Masters swimmer, is to loaf-cruise-sleep-through the first three laps, use that third turn for all the air you can grab, and then build the last 50. Honestly, the only good 200 LCM flys I have ever swum (and my fastest times) were swum with this strategy. In addition to removing a lot of the pain typically associated with this event, you finish looking so strong (and passing other swimmers who have 'gone vertical') that it almost doesn't matter what your time is!
  • But I agree with That Guy; the 200 LCM fly seems terrifying to me at this point. At least with short course you can hang on the walls and recover. LCM there's no where to hide! I'm planning on trying my first 200 LCM fly this summer. And every time I think about it, I already am getting butterflies in my stomach!There is nothing to fear - it will hurt like hell and the last 50 you will question life, the universe and everything. The secret to a rewarding 200 fly in long course, especially as a Masters swimmer, is to loaf-cruise-sleep-through the first three laps, use that third turn for all the air you can grab, and then build the last 50. Honestly, the only good 200 LCM flys I have ever swum (and my fastest times) were swum with this strategy. In addition to removing a lot of the pain typically associated with this event, you finish looking so strong (and passing other swimmers who have 'gone vertical') that it almost doesn't matter what your time is!
Children
No Data