Annoying Pool Rules

After swimming at the same pool for a year now, I was rudely stopped by the person that I was sharing the lane with and told that I could not use paddles when there were more than one person in the lane. Does anyone else have this same issue? I was really annoyed! Using paddles is an integral part of a swimming workout.
Parents
  • To me it depends entirely on who is using the paddles. Most folks I swim with stay where they are supposed to be and there's never a problem. I have witness a person getting whapped on the forehead with some idiots paddles and it broke the skin and drew blood. My biggest pet peave is swimmers who lap swim breastroke with a super wide and crazy scissors kick. There's a guy at 1 of my pools with long, talon-like toe nails. I was sharing a lane with him once and he scratched me on the leg. Now if he even looks at my lane I shake my head and say "NO BREASTROKE HERE!!!" and he leaves. I am guilty of a crazy *** stroke scissor kick. Never swam a breaststroke event or an IM without seeing DQ next to my lane assignment and time.
  • To me it depends entirely on who is using the paddles. Most folks I swim with stay where they are supposed to be and there's never a problem. I have witness a person getting whapped on the forehead with some idiots paddles and it broke the skin and drew blood. My biggest pet peave is swimmers who lap swim breastroke with a super wide and crazy scissors kick. There's a guy at 1 of my pools with long, talon-like toe nails. I was sharing a lane with him once and he scratched me on the leg. Now if he even looks at my lane I shake my head and say "NO BREASTROKE HERE!!!" and he leaves. I am guilty of a crazy *** stroke scissor kick. Never swam a breaststroke event or an IM without seeing DQ next to my lane assignment and time.
Children
No Data