Annoying Pool Rules

After swimming at the same pool for a year now, I was rudely stopped by the person that I was sharing the lane with and told that I could not use paddles when there were more than one person in the lane. Does anyone else have this same issue? I was really annoyed! Using paddles is an integral part of a swimming workout.
Parents
  • There was one case where I had no issue with the rule itself but with enforcement of it. The rule was everyone had to shower before getting in the pool. No worries, people can be really gross. The issue was one of the lifeguards who insisted on doing some kind of shower check every time I was leaving the locker room to enter the pool deck, as in stop me and look me over from head to toe to ensure a sufficient level of wetness. It found it really irritating, especially since I never noticed her doing it to anybody else, at least not so blatantly.
  • There was one case where I had no issue with the rule itself but with enforcement of it. The rule was everyone had to shower before getting in the pool. No worries, people can be really gross. The issue was one of the lifeguards who insisted on doing some kind of shower check every time I was leaving the locker room to enter the pool deck, as in stop me and look me over from head to toe to ensure a sufficient level of wetness. It found it really irritating, especially since I never noticed her doing it to anybody else, at least not so blatantly.
Children
No Data