Annoying Pool Rules

After swimming at the same pool for a year now, I was rudely stopped by the person that I was sharing the lane with and told that I could not use paddles when there were more than one person in the lane. Does anyone else have this same issue? I was really annoyed! Using paddles is an integral part of a swimming workout.
Parents
  • I think the title to this thread is a little off, perhaps it should read, "Annoying people who make up or ignore posted pool rules" I often swim in the recreation pool next to the Masters workouts, but most all of the swimmers insist on splitting lanes rather than swim circle patterns, as is the posted rule. Unfortunately, the lifeguards allow this to happen, so they (the swimmers) think it is a rule, not a courtesy. The result is that of the 12 or so lanes available, if you are number 25 on the deck in the morning, you cannot get into a lane without creating a major kerfuffle.
  • I think the title to this thread is a little off, perhaps it should read, "Annoying people who make up or ignore posted pool rules" I often swim in the recreation pool next to the Masters workouts, but most all of the swimmers insist on splitting lanes rather than swim circle patterns, as is the posted rule. Unfortunately, the lifeguards allow this to happen, so they (the swimmers) think it is a rule, not a courtesy. The result is that of the 12 or so lanes available, if you are number 25 on the deck in the morning, you cannot get into a lane without creating a major kerfuffle.
Children
No Data