Annoying Pool Rules

After swimming at the same pool for a year now, I was rudely stopped by the person that I was sharing the lane with and told that I could not use paddles when there were more than one person in the lane. Does anyone else have this same issue? I was really annoyed! Using paddles is an integral part of a swimming workout.
Parents
  • In the pool I swim people who train for results naturally separated from noodlers, so most of us come and occupy 2 - 3 lanes and most of those guys don't dare to get on these lanes. Yes we're using full equipment (all sizes paddles, fins, buoys and even stretch cords) mostly swimming 3-6 person on a lane. Sometimes we have collisions but we are patient to each other because our aims are similar and we like doing same thing. In 99% we manage to deviate from the head-on clash. Actually the worst injuries I've ever had in the pool was #1 - from the lady with long nails - after that I had long scratches over my shoulder and upper back #2 - got kicked my face with incorrectly done wide breaststroke kick after that I had shiner for 2 weeks. No troubles from paddles or other swimming gear so far thx God.
  • In the pool I swim people who train for results naturally separated from noodlers, so most of us come and occupy 2 - 3 lanes and most of those guys don't dare to get on these lanes. Yes we're using full equipment (all sizes paddles, fins, buoys and even stretch cords) mostly swimming 3-6 person on a lane. Sometimes we have collisions but we are patient to each other because our aims are similar and we like doing same thing. In 99% we manage to deviate from the head-on clash. Actually the worst injuries I've ever had in the pool was #1 - from the lady with long nails - after that I had long scratches over my shoulder and upper back #2 - got kicked my face with incorrectly done wide breaststroke kick after that I had shiner for 2 weeks. No troubles from paddles or other swimming gear so far thx God.
Children
No Data