Annoying Pool Rules

After swimming at the same pool for a year now, I was rudely stopped by the person that I was sharing the lane with and told that I could not use paddles when there were more than one person in the lane. Does anyone else have this same issue? I was really annoyed! Using paddles is an integral part of a swimming workout.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Favorite pushy story: lady in the lane next to me was annoyed at splashing in butteryfly, told me to stop so I didn't get her hair wet. in a pool : | This is one I have never understood. If you don't want to get your hair wet, then don't get into the pool. As for the paddles, did you ask the lifeguard about the rule? Is the rule about not using paddles posted somewhere within the pool? If the lifeguard didn't stop you or if there is no rule posted along one of the walls, then use them until someone in an authority role tells you.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Favorite pushy story: lady in the lane next to me was annoyed at splashing in butteryfly, told me to stop so I didn't get her hair wet. in a pool : | This is one I have never understood. If you don't want to get your hair wet, then don't get into the pool. As for the paddles, did you ask the lifeguard about the rule? Is the rule about not using paddles posted somewhere within the pool? If the lifeguard didn't stop you or if there is no rule posted along one of the walls, then use them until someone in an authority role tells you.
Children
No Data