Annoying Pool Rules

After swimming at the same pool for a year now, I was rudely stopped by the person that I was sharing the lane with and told that I could not use paddles when there were more than one person in the lane. Does anyone else have this same issue? I was really annoyed! Using paddles is an integral part of a swimming workout.
Parents
  • Seems like something that should be a consensus among the swimmers in the lane. I swam on my own at the Y this morning. In one lane three women were doing repeat somethings pulling (100s? 200s? wasn't paying close attention). I think two of them were wearing paddles though. Getting scratched by a fingernail as another swimmer goes past is no big deal. Getting whacked by the edge of a hard plastic paddle can hurt. Maybe one of those webbed gloves would work for you and keep your lane (non-)mates happy?
  • Seems like something that should be a consensus among the swimmers in the lane. I swam on my own at the Y this morning. In one lane three women were doing repeat somethings pulling (100s? 200s? wasn't paying close attention). I think two of them were wearing paddles though. Getting scratched by a fingernail as another swimmer goes past is no big deal. Getting whacked by the edge of a hard plastic paddle can hurt. Maybe one of those webbed gloves would work for you and keep your lane (non-)mates happy?
Children
No Data