Benchmarking progress - repeating sets often?

In a lot of the books, articles, vids, etc there are suggestions to do a set (like T20 or all out efforts) every 4 to 6 weeks to track training progress. Does anyone else do the same set every couple weeks (or even every week)? I've been doing this lately and seems to work for me. Maybe b/c I am so desperately out of shape and have such a poor swim strokes that I see progress each time I do a set. But, I am curious if others do this and if there is a particular name for this training style. TIA,
Parents
  • We do several test sets including: 10x300 on 3.30 pull best average 8x100 best average kick on 2mins 5,4,3,2,1 x100s descending by 5 seconds per round T30 We do most of these every two weeks, with the exception of the T30 which we do about every 6 weeks.
  • We do several test sets including: 10x300 on 3.30 pull best average 8x100 best average kick on 2mins 5,4,3,2,1 x100s descending by 5 seconds per round T30 We do most of these every two weeks, with the exception of the T30 which we do about every 6 weeks.
Children
No Data