Superbowl of Pain Set - You're Invited

It's hard to believe that this photo was the reason for a facebook-born gridge ... 8327 I was happy to share my beloved Patriot's recap of an old-fashioned, hard running beat down of the Colts to punch a ticket to the AFC title game this weekend. After some light humor, the idea of adding a swimming challenge was put forth by Sea Hawks fan (and flyer) jaadams. So here are the rules: Loser does a 1000 fly! If my team loses: the distance is broken up into a variation of distances, any amount of rest between each length(s), but no insertion of EZ cooldown stuff in the middle. We decided on a fly set of: 10 x 50 @ :50, then 20 x 25 @ :30. This might qualify as my first dabble into USRPT. :D If his team loses: a straight 1000 fly. I don't think he has done this as a Masters swimmer, and it will easily grant him entry into the Butternut ranks. :bliss: If BOTH of our teams end up losing at some point during the next few weeks, then we both owe each other a 1,000 Fly workout. The only way out of having to do it is to be the Superbowl Champ...not 1st loser. :bump: Knowing that ElaineK, jgale, pmmcoy, Swimosar, That Guy, and Yosemite (among others) have an occasional hankering for some distance fly, I felt it my duty to put this out for everyone's enjoyment. Who else is up for this "Bully Fly" fun? :confused:
Parents
  • Loser does a 1000 fly! If my team loses: the distance is broken up into a variation of distances, any amount of rest between each length(s), but no insertion of EZ cooldown stuff in the middle. We decided on a fly set of: 10 x 50 @ :50, then 20 x 25 @ :30. This might qualify as my first dabble into USRPT. :D I made right on this gridge becuase the Pat's couldn't make right by me with a win on Sunday. Cruised the 50's (getting avg 8 sec rest) and rather enjoyed the 25's on a little extra rest - even popped out a :15 on the last one! At least that is over :sad:
  • Loser does a 1000 fly! If my team loses: the distance is broken up into a variation of distances, any amount of rest between each length(s), but no insertion of EZ cooldown stuff in the middle. We decided on a fly set of: 10 x 50 @ :50, then 20 x 25 @ :30. This might qualify as my first dabble into USRPT. :D I made right on this gridge becuase the Pat's couldn't make right by me with a win on Sunday. Cruised the 50's (getting avg 8 sec rest) and rather enjoyed the 25's on a little extra rest - even popped out a :15 on the last one! At least that is over :sad:
Children
No Data