How often do you incorporate drills into your workouts?

Given the importance of swimming technique in preventing injuries and increasing speed and efficiency, I'm interested to find out how often masters swimmers include drills into their workouts. Are drills important to many swimmers, or are intervals and full stroke sets the main emphasis? Thanks for your help!
Parents
  • I like accomplishing yardage. You know, Go The Distance bragging rights. I think anything that motivates one to swimming and fitness is a good thing.I also think GTD does more harm than good,but fundamentally you can have workouts that can help you swim better/faster, or you can have workouts where you go as far as you can,One is not inherently better than the other,it depends on your goal,but they are somewhat mutually exclusive.I am concerned that GTD (and many Masters workouts) continue the idea that longer is better.Longer is fine,but longer is not faster,nor is it the best way to improve stroke mechanics. If wnt2bfst means "want to be fast" I suggest you focus more on technique work and race pace work.
  • I like accomplishing yardage. You know, Go The Distance bragging rights. I think anything that motivates one to swimming and fitness is a good thing.I also think GTD does more harm than good,but fundamentally you can have workouts that can help you swim better/faster, or you can have workouts where you go as far as you can,One is not inherently better than the other,it depends on your goal,but they are somewhat mutually exclusive.I am concerned that GTD (and many Masters workouts) continue the idea that longer is better.Longer is fine,but longer is not faster,nor is it the best way to improve stroke mechanics. If wnt2bfst means "want to be fast" I suggest you focus more on technique work and race pace work.
Children
No Data