How often do you incorporate drills into your workouts?

Given the importance of swimming technique in preventing injuries and increasing speed and efficiency, I'm interested to find out how often masters swimmers include drills into their workouts. Are drills important to many swimmers, or are intervals and full stroke sets the main emphasis? Thanks for your help!
Parents
  • I usually find my workouts from the USMS blogs,then workouts. I skip the work outs that say drill or skull because I don't know many drills or witch ones can help my technique deficits. I also have a hard time with them because they take allot of time. I only have about an hour to spend in the pool. I like accomplishing yardage. You know, Go The Distance bragging rights. Kicks sets take up too much time but I can put fins on and go faster. I do kick sets but feel I am cheating with fins. The pains of being a solo swimmer. Old dog, new tricks, hard to learn something new.
  • I usually find my workouts from the USMS blogs,then workouts. I skip the work outs that say drill or skull because I don't know many drills or witch ones can help my technique deficits. I also have a hard time with them because they take allot of time. I only have about an hour to spend in the pool. I like accomplishing yardage. You know, Go The Distance bragging rights. Kicks sets take up too much time but I can put fins on and go faster. I do kick sets but feel I am cheating with fins. The pains of being a solo swimmer. Old dog, new tricks, hard to learn something new.
Children
No Data