How often do you incorporate drills into your workouts?

Given the importance of swimming technique in preventing injuries and increasing speed and efficiency, I'm interested to find out how often masters swimmers include drills into their workouts. Are drills important to many swimmers, or are intervals and full stroke sets the main emphasis? Thanks for your help!
Parents
  • Karma, coincidence or Big Brother, I don't know, but overnight, YouTube recommeded this video: This is one of my bookmarked videos. Note his commentary on technique work @ 5:20-6:02 - 2 months worth of technique. I've also learned technique work does not mean slow work. What he says about breaststroke 2:50-3:20 holds to the old cliche - you've got to swim fast to swim faster! I do drill work every practice - it is more important than cardio IMO.
  • Karma, coincidence or Big Brother, I don't know, but overnight, YouTube recommeded this video: This is one of my bookmarked videos. Note his commentary on technique work @ 5:20-6:02 - 2 months worth of technique. I've also learned technique work does not mean slow work. What he says about breaststroke 2:50-3:20 holds to the old cliche - you've got to swim fast to swim faster! I do drill work every practice - it is more important than cardio IMO.
Children
No Data