How often do you incorporate drills into your workouts?

Given the importance of swimming technique in preventing injuries and increasing speed and efficiency, I'm interested to find out how often masters swimmers include drills into their workouts. Are drills important to many swimmers, or are intervals and full stroke sets the main emphasis? Thanks for your help!
Parents
  • I only do the drills that will help me. Some of them I don't do because they don't fix anything in my stroke. If you have a coach giving feedback, they need to be someone who can understand your particular stroke mechanics and how to fix them. Otherwise they aren't any better then getting feedback from what you feel. When I was getting back into the water from a shoulder injury, I felt that the drills really helped me to focus on my stroke. I was able to find parts of my stroke that would put more stress on my shoulder and pick up better habits instead of the ones that were causing injury.
  • I only do the drills that will help me. Some of them I don't do because they don't fix anything in my stroke. If you have a coach giving feedback, they need to be someone who can understand your particular stroke mechanics and how to fix them. Otherwise they aren't any better then getting feedback from what you feel. When I was getting back into the water from a shoulder injury, I felt that the drills really helped me to focus on my stroke. I was able to find parts of my stroke that would put more stress on my shoulder and pick up better habits instead of the ones that were causing injury.
Children
No Data