How often do you incorporate drills into your workouts?

Given the importance of swimming technique in preventing injuries and increasing speed and efficiency, I'm interested to find out how often masters swimmers include drills into their workouts. Are drills important to many swimmers, or are intervals and full stroke sets the main emphasis? Thanks for your help!
Parents
  • The reason I say drills are a waste of time and don't do them is that I believe that most Masters swimmers usually have enough skill that rather then doing just a drill like say the zipper drill, we can integrate the movement we want to work on while doing our regular stroke. I have never done a zipper drill in a race. I am always working on EVF - early vertical forearm - I do it while I am swimming my regular workout. I just consciously think about where my elbow needs to be and do it.
  • The reason I say drills are a waste of time and don't do them is that I believe that most Masters swimmers usually have enough skill that rather then doing just a drill like say the zipper drill, we can integrate the movement we want to work on while doing our regular stroke. I have never done a zipper drill in a race. I am always working on EVF - early vertical forearm - I do it while I am swimming my regular workout. I just consciously think about where my elbow needs to be and do it.
Children
No Data