How often do you incorporate drills into your workouts?

Given the importance of swimming technique in preventing injuries and increasing speed and efficiency, I'm interested to find out how often masters swimmers include drills into their workouts. Are drills important to many swimmers, or are intervals and full stroke sets the main emphasis? Thanks for your help!
Parents
  • I see no smilies in Glenn's post, so I will counter with, "only if your stroke is already perfect." I recall Michael Phelps coming to Chicago a few years ago for something or other (not a meet, some sort of publicity thing) and took the opportunity to hop in the UIC pool for a short workout. Our masters coach at the time happened to be at the same pool. She said his entire "workout" was something like 2000 meters, all drill.
  • I see no smilies in Glenn's post, so I will counter with, "only if your stroke is already perfect." I recall Michael Phelps coming to Chicago a few years ago for something or other (not a meet, some sort of publicity thing) and took the opportunity to hop in the UIC pool for a short workout. Our masters coach at the time happened to be at the same pool. She said his entire "workout" was something like 2000 meters, all drill.
Children
No Data