How often do you incorporate drills into your workouts?

Given the importance of swimming technique in preventing injuries and increasing speed and efficiency, I'm interested to find out how often masters swimmers include drills into their workouts. Are drills important to many swimmers, or are intervals and full stroke sets the main emphasis? Thanks for your help!
Parents
  • I'm not sure they are as helpful as they might be without any feedback from the deck. Whether I'm in a coached practice or swimming on my own, I generally get no feedback. I found a way around this problem by choosing a drill that is so difficult to accomplish that just by its completion warrants proper form. Watching yourself from video helps too (though others around may think you are weird or a mid-life swim fanatic)
  • I'm not sure they are as helpful as they might be without any feedback from the deck. Whether I'm in a coached practice or swimming on my own, I generally get no feedback. I found a way around this problem by choosing a drill that is so difficult to accomplish that just by its completion warrants proper form. Watching yourself from video helps too (though others around may think you are weird or a mid-life swim fanatic)
Children
No Data