Idea: North American V. Europe MASTERS dual in Iceland

Former Member
Former Member
Idea: North American V. Europe MASTERS dual in the pool in Reykjavik, Iceland When I visited Iceland in the summer of 2012 I swam at the Laugardalslaug pool and marveled at how a city of 200,000 had such a nice aquatic complex and overall swimming culture of the locals. They even had a strong open water community. I started thinking this would be a good place for a masters meet, the idea kinda died until I watched the dual in the pool yesterday and thought why not do this masters style in Reykjavik. Thoughts from organizer promoter types out there? - Dual meet style, maybe over a long weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday. - The Laugardalslaug aquatic center in Rekykjavik has two 50-meter pools. - Icelandair provides a free lay over up to one week in Iceland before heading on to cities in Europe etc., - The are even area's for open water swimming, really. - North America team would include Mexico and Canada. 8191 8192 Things to do in Iceland - A natural wonder - Volcanoes - Waterfalls - Thermals - Whale watching - Dining and shopping in Reykjavik - Open water swimming at Nauthólsvík Beach www.icelandair.us/.../ Note I'm not a paid agent of Iceland, just enjoyed my visit ;-)
Parents
  • I'm in, but only if it's SCM and early in 2017, when I've turned 50 by FINA years, but not yet by real years ;) I'm thinking January so we can get the full-on Ice-land experience. And then an open water swim!
  • I'm in, but only if it's SCM and early in 2017, when I've turned 50 by FINA years, but not yet by real years ;) I'm thinking January so we can get the full-on Ice-land experience. And then an open water swim!
Children
No Data