Holiday Traditions and Swim Challenges. What's yours?

I'm working on the 12 Days of Christmas challenge that Charlotte Brynn in Stowe, Vermont has dreamt up: Pick any 12 days in December and start on day 1 with 1,000 yards or meters. The next day do 2,000. On the third day do 3,000 and so on, increasing the distance each day by an additional 1,000 yards or meters until you get to 12,000 on the 12 day of the challenge. I just did day 5, and I'm already dragging. One week to go! We also have a tradition here of doing 100 x 100 the day after Thanksgiving and on New Year's Eve. Got me wondering about what other special events and challenges other swimmers have during the holiday season. Got a fun workout with reindeer games? Or a special polar plunge event? Or some set workout you do every year like the 100 x 100 that you do with your team just for fun or as a fundraiser? If so, let me know! I'm interested to hear how other swimmers around the country ring in the New year and celebrate this festive season in swimming style.
Parents
  • Long Beach Swim Masters. You never hear of this group, they are big on Open Water, but they have heavy duty workouts in the pool. 12/20/13 - First Masters Workout in the new Belmont Out Door (above ground) Pool. The Belmont Pool is the official pool for this group. 12/21/13 - 47th Annual Scout the Route. 5:45 am - swim around Treasure Island. If you have done the Naples Island Swim (3 mile), then you would know that the 1 mile is the one around Treasure Island. The one that goes through the canals. 12/23/13 - The Night Before, the Night Before Open Water Swim. 6:00 pm begins at approximately at the Start of the Naples Island Swim, goes to the 2nd Street Bridge, and back. 12/24/13 - Belmont (above ground) Pool - 100 x 100. Begin swimming at 6:30 am Long Beach Swim Masters have some very accomplished swimmers in their group. They have a new website. Check it out at: swimlongbeach.com
  • Long Beach Swim Masters. You never hear of this group, they are big on Open Water, but they have heavy duty workouts in the pool. 12/20/13 - First Masters Workout in the new Belmont Out Door (above ground) Pool. The Belmont Pool is the official pool for this group. 12/21/13 - 47th Annual Scout the Route. 5:45 am - swim around Treasure Island. If you have done the Naples Island Swim (3 mile), then you would know that the 1 mile is the one around Treasure Island. The one that goes through the canals. 12/23/13 - The Night Before, the Night Before Open Water Swim. 6:00 pm begins at approximately at the Start of the Naples Island Swim, goes to the 2nd Street Bridge, and back. 12/24/13 - Belmont (above ground) Pool - 100 x 100. Begin swimming at 6:30 am Long Beach Swim Masters have some very accomplished swimmers in their group. They have a new website. Check it out at: swimlongbeach.com
Children
No Data