Dry land training

Hey peeps. What do you do for dry land training? Does your team work out together or do you do this on your own? I wish my team did, but we don't. I'd like to find some good ideas on how to get stronger. The goal? Someday beat the guys on my team. They seem to just get faster at the same rate I do.... -- Kari
Parents
  • We don't have an official dry land masters session but a number of our team do weights together. I do three weights workouts each week, tuesday, thursday and Saturday. Typically I do weights for 45minutes followed by 15 minutes on the Vasa swim trainer: vasatrainer.com/vasa-trainer.html Our facility is very modern and has weight machines, free weights, running machines, elliptical machines and vasa trainers. My coach likes us to do circuits with little to no rest between reps and circuits, so it's a continuous 45 Min workout. We will select a group of exercises and do 3 circuits, with 10 reps per machine on circuit1, 8 reps on circuit2 and 6 reps on circuit3. Circuit 1 we do 80% of max, circuit2 is max weight and circuit3 is fail. Once you can make your weight on circuit3 this becomes your new weight on circuit2. Typical exercises include some combination of, bench press, inclined bench press, military press, leg press, leg curls, leg extensions, lat pull down, seated rows, lunges, squats, pull ups, medicine ball, sit ups, lower back extension. When we first did this I did very little weight and over a month or so built up so I feel comfortable on all the machines knowing what I should do and how much weight I should lift. My goal is strength enduarnce but their is a big aerobic piece to this due to the fact that we take no rest. I hope this helps.
  • We don't have an official dry land masters session but a number of our team do weights together. I do three weights workouts each week, tuesday, thursday and Saturday. Typically I do weights for 45minutes followed by 15 minutes on the Vasa swim trainer: vasatrainer.com/vasa-trainer.html Our facility is very modern and has weight machines, free weights, running machines, elliptical machines and vasa trainers. My coach likes us to do circuits with little to no rest between reps and circuits, so it's a continuous 45 Min workout. We will select a group of exercises and do 3 circuits, with 10 reps per machine on circuit1, 8 reps on circuit2 and 6 reps on circuit3. Circuit 1 we do 80% of max, circuit2 is max weight and circuit3 is fail. Once you can make your weight on circuit3 this becomes your new weight on circuit2. Typical exercises include some combination of, bench press, inclined bench press, military press, leg press, leg curls, leg extensions, lat pull down, seated rows, lunges, squats, pull ups, medicine ball, sit ups, lower back extension. When we first did this I did very little weight and over a month or so built up so I feel comfortable on all the machines knowing what I should do and how much weight I should lift. My goal is strength enduarnce but their is a big aerobic piece to this due to the fact that we take no rest. I hope this helps.
Children
No Data