Dry land training

Hey peeps. What do you do for dry land training? Does your team work out together or do you do this on your own? I wish my team did, but we don't. I'd like to find some good ideas on how to get stronger. The goal? Someday beat the guys on my team. They seem to just get faster at the same rate I do.... -- Kari
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Hi Kari! Our team doesn't have organized team practices, we are more of a virtual team training independently and coming together for meets. So I started incorporating some basic drylands as well as stretching back in the summer and have been slowly adding to it, sometimes incorporating the exercises in the USMS Swimmer magazines. Usually I rotate through the same floor exercises and it includes a mixture of abs, push ups, flutter kicks, back raises, 70 second plank, 30 second side planks. Then I do about 4 exercises on my stability ball and finish up with 5 (3x10 reps) stretch cord exercises. The stretch cords I think are really important in my upper body strength since I do not have a gym to do weight-lifting. I use the medium (blue) resistance cords that I bought at Target but Theraband has a large selection. I recommend checking out the USA Swimming website's Strength and Conditioning videos under the Tips and Training tab to help you create your dryland regimen.www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Hi Kari! Our team doesn't have organized team practices, we are more of a virtual team training independently and coming together for meets. So I started incorporating some basic drylands as well as stretching back in the summer and have been slowly adding to it, sometimes incorporating the exercises in the USMS Swimmer magazines. Usually I rotate through the same floor exercises and it includes a mixture of abs, push ups, flutter kicks, back raises, 70 second plank, 30 second side planks. Then I do about 4 exercises on my stability ball and finish up with 5 (3x10 reps) stretch cord exercises. The stretch cords I think are really important in my upper body strength since I do not have a gym to do weight-lifting. I use the medium (blue) resistance cords that I bought at Target but Theraband has a large selection. I recommend checking out the USA Swimming website's Strength and Conditioning videos under the Tips and Training tab to help you create your dryland regimen.www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx
Children
No Data