My 500 freestyle time is terrible. need a faster solution

My 500 yd scy freestyle time is terrible. I am not breaking 7 minutes. I would like to know if there are any fast ways to improve my times. My masters coach has given me advice, but the results are very slow. I am not looking for a magic pill or anything like that. I am looking for a workout solution. Any tips?
Parents
  • Here's some things that helped me drop my 500 times: - Let your coach and teammates know your goals. They will assist you, cheer for you and help keep you accountable. When others see you working hard for success, it breeds success for the whole team. - Long sets (maybe 1000 total yards) with intervals that leave you short rest (5-10 seconds). 3-4k/day, 5 days a week. - Push yourself but don't get so tired that your stroke gets sloppy. It does little good to swim hard the wrong way. - Learn to pace. Try to make your last interval as fast or faster than your first one. - Time yourself weekly. If you can, get your coach to get your splits for each 100. Write it down so you can track your progress. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
  • Here's some things that helped me drop my 500 times: - Let your coach and teammates know your goals. They will assist you, cheer for you and help keep you accountable. When others see you working hard for success, it breeds success for the whole team. - Long sets (maybe 1000 total yards) with intervals that leave you short rest (5-10 seconds). 3-4k/day, 5 days a week. - Push yourself but don't get so tired that your stroke gets sloppy. It does little good to swim hard the wrong way. - Learn to pace. Try to make your last interval as fast or faster than your first one. - Time yourself weekly. If you can, get your coach to get your splits for each 100. Write it down so you can track your progress. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Children
No Data