My 500 freestyle time is terrible. need a faster solution

My 500 yd scy freestyle time is terrible. I am not breaking 7 minutes. I would like to know if there are any fast ways to improve my times. My masters coach has given me advice, but the results are very slow. I am not looking for a magic pill or anything like that. I am looking for a workout solution. Any tips?
Parents
  • My 500 yd scy freestyle time is terrible. I am not breaking 7 minutes. I would like to know if there are any fast ways to improve my times. My masters coach has given me advice, but the results are very slow. I am not looking for a magic pill or anything like that. I am looking for a workout solution. Any tips?I looked up your previous results ( parkerson was unique?) according to your 100 free results your equivalent 500 time is about a 6:30+. You should realize that 500 swimmers usually have more yardage in their workouts (3-4000 5x a week). A 500 swimmer has a totally different mindset than a 100 swimmer. A previous response was 5x100 sets with short rest the only change I would suggest is the intervals be 1:40, 1:35, 1:30. If you can do 5x100 on 1:20 you should break 7 easily:)
  • My 500 yd scy freestyle time is terrible. I am not breaking 7 minutes. I would like to know if there are any fast ways to improve my times. My masters coach has given me advice, but the results are very slow. I am not looking for a magic pill or anything like that. I am looking for a workout solution. Any tips?I looked up your previous results ( parkerson was unique?) according to your 100 free results your equivalent 500 time is about a 6:30+. You should realize that 500 swimmers usually have more yardage in their workouts (3-4000 5x a week). A 500 swimmer has a totally different mindset than a 100 swimmer. A previous response was 5x100 sets with short rest the only change I would suggest is the intervals be 1:40, 1:35, 1:30. If you can do 5x100 on 1:20 you should break 7 easily:)
Children
No Data