My 500 freestyle time is terrible. need a faster solution

My 500 yd scy freestyle time is terrible. I am not breaking 7 minutes. I would like to know if there are any fast ways to improve my times. My masters coach has given me advice, but the results are very slow. I am not looking for a magic pill or anything like that. I am looking for a workout solution. Any tips?
Parents
  • ... your "terrible" time is all relative. what is your swimming background? how much do you train now? lots of factors. For sure. We don't have much information here. Were you once faster? If you swam sub 5-mins 5 years ago that's one thing, but if you couldn't swim 2 years ago that is another. How does you time compare to others your age. If you are 33 years old your 7 minutes is quite different than if you are 83. How is your stroke? If you have never been under 7 minutes in your life, I'd bet that the fastest way to get faster is to improve your stroke and turns.
  • ... your "terrible" time is all relative. what is your swimming background? how much do you train now? lots of factors. For sure. We don't have much information here. Were you once faster? If you swam sub 5-mins 5 years ago that's one thing, but if you couldn't swim 2 years ago that is another. How does you time compare to others your age. If you are 33 years old your 7 minutes is quite different than if you are 83. How is your stroke? If you have never been under 7 minutes in your life, I'd bet that the fastest way to get faster is to improve your stroke and turns.
Children
No Data