Who is doing/teaching this?

Parents
  • I'm wondering if there are any tricks to not smashing your feet? (Like others noted, maybe pushing off with your arms before your feet come all the way around, touching low on the wall...?) It's obvious from the video that done right, that the fly flip turn is crazy fast. Some folks here must remember when you had to touch the wall with your hand in freestyle even if you did a flip turn. From another thread Allen Stark wrote: The turn rule was changed about 1965 so that you didn't have to touch with your hand first in free.Until then many people didn't flip,especially in the longer distances as the speed difference wasn't worth the air lost.After the rule change everyone flipped in free. A related turn that I haven't seen since I returned to swimming is flipping at the backstroke to breaststroke transition in an IM. For me, I felt it took a lot of extra energy without much (or any) increase in speed. Is that the general consensus now?
  • I'm wondering if there are any tricks to not smashing your feet? (Like others noted, maybe pushing off with your arms before your feet come all the way around, touching low on the wall...?) It's obvious from the video that done right, that the fly flip turn is crazy fast. Some folks here must remember when you had to touch the wall with your hand in freestyle even if you did a flip turn. From another thread Allen Stark wrote: The turn rule was changed about 1965 so that you didn't have to touch with your hand first in free.Until then many people didn't flip,especially in the longer distances as the speed difference wasn't worth the air lost.After the rule change everyone flipped in free. A related turn that I haven't seen since I returned to swimming is flipping at the backstroke to breaststroke transition in an IM. For me, I felt it took a lot of extra energy without much (or any) increase in speed. Is that the general consensus now?
Children
No Data