Swim 2 or 3 times a week?

Currently swimming 3 times a week, 1 hour per session. At another pool I could swim 2 times a week for 2 hours per session. What's better for competition? How about for physical fitness? -Mark
Parents
  • Are you doing anything on the days you are not swimming? I think that by hours, you are better off going 2 days for 2 hours than 3 days for one. 33% more pool time is nothing to turn down if your practice time is so limited. Isometric training on dry days will help keep swimming muscles in tone, a comprehensive stretching, lifting program will also help. Yes I do play in a competitive volleyball league either once or twice a week (1.5 to 4.5 hours per week depending on the schedule.) Also do JOBE’S SHOULDER EXERCISES on the weekends. I go through phases with weight training. More off than on with the weights. There is that saying, "No man can serve two masters..." but how about 3 or 4? Especially when you mix in family time and work. I'm just trying to balance everything out.
  • Are you doing anything on the days you are not swimming? I think that by hours, you are better off going 2 days for 2 hours than 3 days for one. 33% more pool time is nothing to turn down if your practice time is so limited. Isometric training on dry days will help keep swimming muscles in tone, a comprehensive stretching, lifting program will also help. Yes I do play in a competitive volleyball league either once or twice a week (1.5 to 4.5 hours per week depending on the schedule.) Also do JOBE’S SHOULDER EXERCISES on the weekends. I go through phases with weight training. More off than on with the weights. There is that saying, "No man can serve two masters..." but how about 3 or 4? Especially when you mix in family time and work. I'm just trying to balance everything out.
Children
No Data