Shave year-round?

www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../36777.asp OK, Masters guys, who's going to start shaving year-round?
Parents
  • So the "traditional" strategy is to shave the night before the meet starts, or even the morning of the meet. It occurs to me that it might be a good strategy to shave for the last 2-3 days of taper. You'd probably get a substantial psychological boost from going fast in the last couple of practices going into the meet and it would save you some time the night before, when you should be resting. Even if you want to re-shave the night before, that takes much less time than doing the initial shave. I think I'll try that next spring or summer.
  • So the "traditional" strategy is to shave the night before the meet starts, or even the morning of the meet. It occurs to me that it might be a good strategy to shave for the last 2-3 days of taper. You'd probably get a substantial psychological boost from going fast in the last couple of practices going into the meet and it would save you some time the night before, when you should be resting. Even if you want to re-shave the night before, that takes much less time than doing the initial shave. I think I'll try that next spring or summer.
Children
No Data