Shave year-round?

www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../36777.asp OK, Masters guys, who's going to start shaving year-round?
Parents
  • What data do you have that shaving doesn't make a difference.It does.It makes at least 1 sec/100 for me. I don't recall the article I read now. I think was a scientific article with hard data and controlled experiments. I do recall that after reading it, I decided it wasn't likely worth the time and effort to shave. I only shaved once. I did 2 meets, both in the same pool, about 2 months apart. Tapered for both. My times for the non-shave meet were better than the one I shaved for. Considering all the drama involved with it, and the time involved, I've never done it since. And my times have only gotten faster I'd rather spend the time actually swimming, or stretching...anything productive. That's how I've viewed shaving since entering the sport a couple of years ago. But maybe I'll have to do a controlled experiment of my own. The problem is that there are so many variables in swimming that it will likely be difficult to get definitive results.
  • What data do you have that shaving doesn't make a difference.It does.It makes at least 1 sec/100 for me. I don't recall the article I read now. I think was a scientific article with hard data and controlled experiments. I do recall that after reading it, I decided it wasn't likely worth the time and effort to shave. I only shaved once. I did 2 meets, both in the same pool, about 2 months apart. Tapered for both. My times for the non-shave meet were better than the one I shaved for. Considering all the drama involved with it, and the time involved, I've never done it since. And my times have only gotten faster I'd rather spend the time actually swimming, or stretching...anything productive. That's how I've viewed shaving since entering the sport a couple of years ago. But maybe I'll have to do a controlled experiment of my own. The problem is that there are so many variables in swimming that it will likely be difficult to get definitive results.
Children
No Data