Shave year-round?

www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../36777.asp OK, Masters guys, who's going to start shaving year-round?
Parents
  • Screw data reports. I have first hand experience. I'm no wookiee when it comes to hair, but I like the emotional high you get from the slippery smooth feeling diving in after shaving (and the extra sting of energy produced by the cuts). As swimming fast has a lot to do with your mental state, I think shaving has a greater attitude boost than physical boost. Even with that, the tech suit era taught us all how even minor reduction in drag could translate to greater speeds, so I'll keep shaving for big meets. So far, though, I've not yet shaved my back as a Masters swimmer; I'm saving that for when I need to increase the amp to 11.
  • Screw data reports. I have first hand experience. I'm no wookiee when it comes to hair, but I like the emotional high you get from the slippery smooth feeling diving in after shaving (and the extra sting of energy produced by the cuts). As swimming fast has a lot to do with your mental state, I think shaving has a greater attitude boost than physical boost. Even with that, the tech suit era taught us all how even minor reduction in drag could translate to greater speeds, so I'll keep shaving for big meets. So far, though, I've not yet shaved my back as a Masters swimmer; I'm saving that for when I need to increase the amp to 11.
Children
No Data