Shave year-round?

www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../36777.asp OK, Masters guys, who's going to start shaving year-round?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I've never shaved. Does shaving really make you faster? I can't imagine that it would have any significant impact for those of us without a lot of hair, and from what I've read that seems to be supported by data. But perhaps it does help a bit? Screw data reports. I have first hand experience. Shaved, I can swim a lot faster in both meets and practice. You gain a new feel for the water by removing old skin for one. Two, those of us with hair, esp. on the body and legs, do have extra anchors. The hair does cause people to slow down when present. People without much hair may not be affected as much when they shave. Maybe they do gain a mental boost though. People with a lot of hair can see a big difference from shaved to unshaved. Mine might have been part mental but the 2nd 100 of a 200 fly always seemed easier shaved.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I've never shaved. Does shaving really make you faster? I can't imagine that it would have any significant impact for those of us without a lot of hair, and from what I've read that seems to be supported by data. But perhaps it does help a bit? Screw data reports. I have first hand experience. Shaved, I can swim a lot faster in both meets and practice. You gain a new feel for the water by removing old skin for one. Two, those of us with hair, esp. on the body and legs, do have extra anchors. The hair does cause people to slow down when present. People without much hair may not be affected as much when they shave. Maybe they do gain a mental boost though. People with a lot of hair can see a big difference from shaved to unshaved. Mine might have been part mental but the 2nd 100 of a 200 fly always seemed easier shaved.
Children
No Data