Shave year-round?

www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../36777.asp OK, Masters guys, who's going to start shaving year-round?
Parents
  • Mullen definitely makes some good points. I've always thought swimming has been too focused on the once or twice a year "peaking" thing. Why shouldn't we be able to swim fast all year? And I think many of us are so used to doing it this way we're actually afraid to shave or wear a tech suit at a non-taper meet. It's like we'll use up our mojo or something! By the way, That Guy shaves for just about every meet. I don't think he's taken it to the extreme of shaving in between meets, but he uses the theory of supercompensation to swim fast times at (ideally) every meet rather than put all his eggs in one basket and swim fast only at a couple taper meets per year.
  • Mullen definitely makes some good points. I've always thought swimming has been too focused on the once or twice a year "peaking" thing. Why shouldn't we be able to swim fast all year? And I think many of us are so used to doing it this way we're actually afraid to shave or wear a tech suit at a non-taper meet. It's like we'll use up our mojo or something! By the way, That Guy shaves for just about every meet. I don't think he's taken it to the extreme of shaving in between meets, but he uses the theory of supercompensation to swim fast times at (ideally) every meet rather than put all his eggs in one basket and swim fast only at a couple taper meets per year.
Children
No Data