US Masters and USA Swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
Newbie here and I do not have anyone to chat with to get help. I have recently registered with NC Masters and thus the US Masters. Do you then sign up separately for USA Swimming? Do masters sign up for this? I have two boys who swim who are USA Swimming registered and its great for tracking times etc. Any help much appreciated. I love to swim and have done so for years and I am starting a local "unofficial" masters swimming group at my local Y. I say "unofficial" because while I know the technique of swimming I am not familiar with the whole administrative aspect of it like the Masters and USA swim, getting certified and through and then whether it be just Maser or also USA Swimming as well. Any help is greatly appreciated! Great to be her.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Thanks everyone for the help. Bill has contacted me and will see where things go from there. I guess I wanted to make sure that I could swim and not have to be USA-S member. My sons can swim in some meets and if they are not USA-S then they can not swim in others and thus we sign them up for USA-S. Didn't know if it was like this with the Masters or not. Luckily living close to Charlotte NC there are meets in my area. Hopefully I get to see some of you one day. I am going to aim for the Masters meet in August of 2014 in College Park MD., that is I have to learn more about it first.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Thanks everyone for the help. Bill has contacted me and will see where things go from there. I guess I wanted to make sure that I could swim and not have to be USA-S member. My sons can swim in some meets and if they are not USA-S then they can not swim in others and thus we sign them up for USA-S. Didn't know if it was like this with the Masters or not. Luckily living close to Charlotte NC there are meets in my area. Hopefully I get to see some of you one day. I am going to aim for the Masters meet in August of 2014 in College Park MD., that is I have to learn more about it first.
Children
No Data